Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mexico Bound!

Well our first mexico meeting was last night and I am so excited to head down on our 2nd youth missions trip!! What a great joy leading students into a life changing trip! Anyway we are trying to take two vans this year which means we can take up to 22 students and we have around 12 so far hopefully everyone interested will be able to come!!

I had lunch with two of the girls that are planning on coming today and just that excited anticipation of not knowing what's coming next is really fun to watch and it also got me thinking of what it felt like to embark on these type of trips.

Missions has been a part of my life for awhile and I know it will continue to be in my future. I'm only 21 years old and I have been to the LA Dream Center, Mexico- twice (#3 in  7 weeks), Across Canada, and Haiti- twice. 
THATS 7 Mission Trips!!! Not only did that get me thinking about how blessed I am that God put me in these situations but that I've seen a lot more than a lot of people my age.

But looking into these girls eyes at lunch I remembered that excitement, blended with some fear and really no idea what to expect. Worrying about bugs and dirt.... not really what was going to change my heart.

God has used every single trip I have gone on to shape my personality in a huge way and I am so thankful. He has changed my heart for others, social justice, evangelism and my own maturity has grown immensely!

I just want to encourage our students that are planning to go to start praying into your trip now, not for what we are going to do or the people we will see but for your heart to be open because it's going to change you. You will not come home the same person but your heart needs to be ready to respond to God. We are going to have a blast,  as much fun as you will have, I'm sure I will have more fun watching you grow, ponder and seek out what God has for you!!!


No comments:

Followers