Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Truly Amazed!


Well I have another post that will be full of bragging of my FABULOUS students because well they just never cease to amaze me. I have the wonderful joy of working in youth ministry which gives me the amazing  privilege of being a part of the student's lives at Northgate! If you don't know them... well you should get to know them!! They are all fabulous people.

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending a Variety Night, at Highland for Guardian Angel. Guardian Angel is a Charity that was set up by our very own Sam Middleton to raise money for cancer research! Sam had a friend pass away from cancer last year and she has started this charity and put on this Variety Night in Honor of her friend. Tonight was amazing. It was organized, they had plenty of acts and Sam did an amazing job.  She raised over $800.00 tonight. This is one of our students who saw a need, knew she needed to respond to that need and did something practical. Sam not only am I so proud of you, I want you to know the example you set to others. Those who are older and younger. Your strength and passion is making a difference. 

At this wonderful night fully put on by a Northgate student, 2 Northgate students performed.
Seth Johnson did a fabulous job on the piano and was also the photographer of the night! Great job Seth! And the show finished up with 2 original songs by our very own Matt Powell! As he took the stage we joked about how we knew Matt pre-hair straightener and how it has been an absolute pleasure watching this young man grow. Matt performed his two songs which both had such a strong message to look beyond ourselves, notice the rest of the world and do something. Matt it is awesome to see you grow in your music and watch you allow God to shape you. It was hard to keep it together. 

Well Church, our youth are seeing needs and going after them. I've been challenged by them and I think it's time we allow there faith to stir us up a bit. If nothing else be praying for our young people because they are allowing God to capture their hearts in a radical way and they are changing the world around them. Once again I'm so proud of you guys. Great Job!

If you want to read the whole story of what Sam has been up to it was in today's paper!

1 comment:

Sam. said...

Thanks Kels :) It's nice to know you're proud..I got a fuzzly feeling in my heart :P It was an amazing night. And I'm not sure if I told you, but after some more donations today, I've got over $1000! My goal was $500.

Followers